Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sep 7th
Star Wars: The Clone Wars* (PG)
Cineworld Braintree

US 2008. Warner Bros/Lucasfilm Animation. 98m. ws

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker (and his Jedi apprentice Ahsoka Tano) rescue Jabba the Hutt's infant son from a Separatist plot.
Computer animated fill-in between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith mainly for the junior market, intended as the launchpad for an equally tedious TV series. Some surprises, and resembling something like a story in its latter half, but generally a lot of kinetic action with very little verisimilitude, explained away by boring chatter. A galaxy far, far away from the original Star Wars.

Written by: Henry Gilroy, Steven Melching, Scott Murphy, from a story by George Lucas.
Producer: Catherine Winder.
Director: Dave Filoni.
voices of: Matt Lanter, James Arnold Taylor, Ashley Eckstein, Lee Bradley Baker, Tom Kane, Corey Burton, Christopher Lee, Catherine Taylor, Matthew Wood, Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Daniels.
Music: Kevin Kiner.

SFX review, Derek Malcolm review, Roger Ebert

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I guess you won't be watching the upcoming episodes on Cartoon Network every week then? Shame – I will! I thought the film was very exciting and entertaining, and I can't wait to see the episodes. But hey, I love watching 'toons like "Pokemon", so I guess it's designed for us viewers with simple tastes. :)

Sep 7, 2008, 7:31:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I can't get the Cartoon Network. Curiosity tempted me to see this, after the various good and bad reactions to it.

Sorry I didn't get to see it with you in London the other day, but I think I made the right choice of watching the end of the cricket instead.

Sep 7, 2008, 7:51:00 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

I will record them for you if you like (no probs as I'll be doing them anyway). I want to get the film on DVD, as I loved it! :)

Oh, please see my photos of the get together on our SW facebook group page.

Sep 7, 2008, 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

"The Clone Wars": Series 2 has now started on TV in both the US and UK. Series 1 has just been released on DVD and Blu-Ray. From what I can tell, the series has proved very popular worldwide, and it looks like it'll get a third season....and lots more merchandise for you *not* to collect - haha! I guess George is laughing all the way to the bank!

Nov 10, 2009, 9:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home