Thursday, July 03, 2008

July 3rd
Wanted (18)
Odeon Colchester

A down-on-his-luck office worker inherits the family business by joining a secret guild of assassins.
Ludicrous, obscene thriller, with next-to-no sympathetic characters, and where action always comes before plot. The Luke Skywalker-style twist in the tale prolongs the agony even more.

James McAvoy, Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman, Thomas Kretschmann, Terence Stamp, Common, Kristen Hager, Marc Warren, David O'Hara
(d: Timur Bekmambetov)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I can't believe you went to see this pile of *tosh* instead of seeing the wonderful "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". What is wrong with you!?!? (as you can see on my blog, I've seen it twice now and love it!)

Oh, we are hoping to see "Kung Fu Panda" this weekend. He looks like a fun little character. :)

Jul 3, 2008, 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

The publicity photos of Angelina and company looked good, and I had a spare afternoon. I'm afraid I can't bear to think about Indiana Jones without it depressing me.

That Kung Fu Panda sounds fun, although his mentor looks a bit Yoda-ish.

Jul 3, 2008, 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Derek said...

Depressing!?!? Why?!? Sorry, I don't get it - I thought the film was a fun action adventure that looked great. I think it turned out better than the "Star Wars" prequels anyway. I want to see more in the series now!

We saw "Kung Fu Panda" today and it was *brilliant*! Very funny with some clever animation. :)

Jul 6, 2008, 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

and it's set in the fifties,which is an era that you've commented on before as having an affinity for.
ie,the thing about men wearing hats...
or did i dream that?
come on,joe... indy is still on general release at your local multiplex.
treat yourself.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger jamie said...

we went to see wanted,it was crap.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home